ARTICLE C12 TRAVEL EXPENSES, PAID TRAVEL TIME, AND RISK INSURANCE
When the Producer requires a Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant to travel more than forty (40) kilometers from the Writer's, Story Editor's or Story Consultant's home, then if transportation, accommodation and meals are not provided by the Producer, the Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant shall be paid:
- Actual transportation expenses on scheduled carriers covering economy air or first class rail fare.
- An allowance of thirty cents (30¢) per kilometer if the Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant is required to use his/her automobile. Where a Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant rents or leases an automobile at the direction of the Producer, the Producer shall pay all costs of renting or leasing.
- All taxis, limousines or other transportation costs which the Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant is required to pay.
- A per diem rate of one hundred and ninety-five dollars ($195.00) to cover all expenses when staying in a hotel, motel or similar accommodation in Canada. However, if certain meals or living accommodation are provided at the expense of the Producer, the per diem rate shall be reduced in the following manner:
- If a Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant is required to travel outside of Canada, the Producer shall pay all actual expenses incurred provided that they are supported by receipts where receipts are obtainable.
||A Writer, Story Editor or Story Consultant shall be entitled to reasonable expenses to cover the cost of insurance when required by the Producer to undertake work in a high risk location up to a maximum coverage of five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) applicable to the number of days spanning the engagement.|
Back to Table of Contents