Paid Positions for WGC Members
The WGC presents the Bell Media Diverse Screenwriters Program 2013
8 SCREENWRITING MENTORS
- To help a participant screenwriter develop the package of materials necessary to qualify for a Bell Media internship. Package includes: 1) a script based on the participant’s original concept, 2) a mini-bible, 3) a pitch document and 4) a spec script.
- To help the screenwriter develop a work schedule to complete their materials.
- To provide notes, detailed advice and story editing comments to the screenwriter.
- To review and evaluate the screenwriter’s materials.
- To share expertise, knowledge, professional development advice and opportunities as needed.
- Time commitment: one hour per week, over a period of 10-12 weeks.
- Minimum five years of experience as a screenwriter or story editor for produced, Canadian, fiction television series.
- Previous mentorship or teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of diplomacy.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate a one-hour-per-week meeting with the screenwriter by email, telephone or Skype.
- Must be a WGC member in good standing.
- March 15, 2013 - To apply, please submit a letter of interest and a CV that lists produced credits and relevant experience to the WGC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a paid position and there are eight positions available.
- Successful applicants will be notified in early April 2013.
- The mentorship will take place from April 29 – July 19, 2013.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.